Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday- Week 4

This past week was rough. We were preparing for Monkey's birthday party, which caused some rushing around and stress, which then led to poor food choices. But I was still able to stay below my daily calorie goal each day.


I know that it looks like I starved myself on Saturday, but that was the day of the party. I snacked on lots of fruits and veggies all day and had a huge dinner, but the calories I burnt from being on my feet nearly all day, setting up the party, and cleaning up afterwards gave me a REALLY low net calorie number for the day. Trust me, I am trying to keep my net calories as close as I can to my goal of 1410 each day, trying to not be under by more than a few hundred calories because I am still nursing. I figure that my goal of 1410 is what My Fitness Pal calculated for me to lose 1 lb per week. So as long as I stay slightly under that number, I will continue to see slow and steady progress.

Given the busy week we had, I did not make it to the gym on Wednesday night as planned last week and I did not get a chance to go over the weekend. Saturday was the party, then on Sunday my gym buddy bailed on my and I was exhausted.

I did lose weight this week though. I am down 2 more lbs, bringing my total to 6lbs lost since 1/4/2012.



I did workout tonight. I went to Planet Fitness and did their 30 minute cardio circuit with a friend. It was amazing! I have never really been to a gym before this month, so I had never done anything like this. I met a friend and we talked the entire time that we went from station to station, including aerobic steps and machines. After that, we went to the treadmills and continued to talk while we walked there. I'm not sore now, but I figure I might be in the morning.

Next week I am on vacation and will be doing things at home that need done. I hope to do some menu planning for my family and food prep so that we have healthier choices for that week and the week after. I think that if we have a few good weeks, it will be easier to get in the habit of shopping for the right stuff and having it ready for meals and snacks throughout the week.

Beyond that, I'm very pleased with my progress so far. I am not looking for dramatic results because I'm not making dramatic changes. I am making gradual changes, so it is only fitting that I see gradual results. And even though it is only 6 lbs, I do know that I'm having to adjust my pants and pull them back up to my waist line at least 6 times as much during the day. And that makes me know that I'm making all the progress I need right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment